A few sentences to keep the page updated
- Working on some nice code that turns Doom maps into text and back. Being able to grep and awk maps is really useful. Unfortunately still not able to diff them in any sane way though...
- Freedoom: a few more trivial patches. Getting a list of maps that had missing reject lumps and building them all with one single three line long shell command was a highlight.
- PrBoom: I can't seem to motivate myself to fix the non-free menu lumps problem or finish prboom_7_compatibility. However I submitted my entry to the Most Pointless Commit Of The Year Award by, um, removing sixteen bytes from the middle of CRBRICK.
- Haven't played much of the actual game lately but there's another one of those Mr. Chris E2 wads, namely Centrum, an E2M4 replacement...
- ...unless testing maps for Community Chest 4 counts. Three so far this month, in various stages of completion. The deadline for submission is supposed to be tomorrow. Offhand I can't say exactly how many maps I've seen but it might be about a dozen.
- Not Doom-related: Crawl 0.5 came out, I've played it a bit but not really got anywhere. No change there, then. It doesn't help that I prefer fragile spellcaster types over tough but boring melee characters.