- All i want is hate TNT Most awkward title ever. Requires the TNT:Evilution IWAD from Final Doom if you hadn't already guessed. Simple techbase in a valley sort of thing. Too much copy-pasted architecture, too much running around and backtracking, rather artificially forced into having all six keys. Only notable thing is the size of some of the dropoffs, which are large and high enough to make me feel slightly ill.
- Southern Cross: Gold Edition Rerelease of an old wad, which after a period of some years, now works! It turns out DIY could cope with missing textures, but (at that time) PrBoom couldn't (it can now). However this set of nicely detailed moody techbases is still rather full of ZDoomisms and, while rboom can handle missing tags and fake manuals now, I don't have jumping. Oh and there's not enough ammunition to do map03 from scratch, I'm sure of it. It might be worth starting again and carrying ammo forwards but I'm not sure I can be bothered. Shame really, these are decent-looking maps.
- Spell of the Archvile Pretty decent map made by one of the more prolific /newstuff chronicles trolls. Don't read the text file, it appears to be deliberately written to be as retarded as possible. The map itself suffers a little from copy-pasted architecture but isn't ugly and there aren't any bugs as far as I can tell unless you count using Wolfenstein soldiers in Doom maps a bug (most people do, they look completely out of place) It's very easy as well, just be slightly careful with your ammunition usage.
- Windows Vista was released to general apathy. I won't be buying it for the simple reason that it's like 300 quid, never mind all the other crap I've read about it.
- The oddly-titled seventh book in the Harry Potter series will be released on the 21st of July, only a few days after the ending gets posted all over the internet. I can't wait - I can finally stop caring about this shit. No that's not fair, I like the books but I wish I'd waited until they were all written before starting to read them.