Bang goes my chances of success in politics
- Go to fair
- Watch everyone else have fun and spend money. Score a couple of rides off Amy (her half of the bargain, mine was Easter eggs)
- Sit on grass and talk rubbish about random resemblances between the clouds and various things including the Playboy bunny symbol
- Go to Sarah's house
- Let's all be really girly and screw with makeup. Lime green nail polish, eww. Ribbons are tied into my hair, they look pretty. On the other hand Matt ends up looking like an explosion in a scrunchie factory.
- I'd told my mum I was only going to be out for an hour and it's been at least three now so I already know I'm in trouble. Sarah makes pasta and a load of other stuff I don't really like the look of, yet no-one can accept that I can eat the pasta with nothing but some salt and I get quite irritated by people going "oh go on, have some of this green stuff whose smell makes your vegetable-averted sense of taste feel ill"
- We leave Sarah's but FDave doesn't want to go home yet and gets Amy and I into the pub with promises of free drinks
- We go to his house, more free drink
- FDave's got us pissed and he's got a QuickCam.
It's a good thing I have no ambition whatsoever towards fame or power heh
Do you have a licence to play this
BSD style licences are cool. All they say is that you can do what the hell you want with this stuff as long as this copyright notice is included.
As I'm sure you can tell from listening to me for more than five minutes, I have a very low opinion of everything I've done. Therefore it suits me well to say my stuff's too worthless to have any kind of restriction placed upon it, but yes include my name so everyone can see how dumb the original author is.
Too dumb indeed, for also all the other free licences seem to be too long and complicated for me to be able to understand. Look at this:
/usr/share/common-licenses$ ls -lhSL Artistic BSD GPL LGPL -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26k Aug 21 2001 LGPL -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 18k Sep 16 1999 GPL -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6.0k Dec 16 1996 Artistic -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.5k Aug 26 1999 BSD
So from now on if I do any more coding for which I release the source, it'll probably be under this licence. Freedoom recently started doing proper releases so they felt they needed a proper licence so there you go it's good enough for stuff I respect too.
Damn being shy
I was screwing with my irssi configuration again. In particular it can remember a list of channels you frequent. For me, that list numbers precisely one, #warwick. There used to be #zdoom but I couldn't fit in, I could never say anything then I started getting whaled on about something I wrote on here once that was misinterpreted.
But I'm too shy. I can't say stuff to people I don't know. I've been sitting in the rogue #warwick on Quakenet for some time and witnessed at least one conversation to which I could have contributed but I was too afraid to say anything. How do people overcome this sort of thing? There hundreds of IRC networks and thousands and thousands of channels, if I can't do it online, what chance do I have in real life? Bah.
There are exceptions, I mean it's easier when you're pissed (but obvious to others that you are) or if someone talks to you first (like at the ice rink) or, like I found myself explaining the other day, if there's someone else I know with me, I can talk because then I'm not trying to start conversations with strangers, I'm trying to entertain my friend, the audience. I need a sidekick. Does anyone want to be my sidekick?