"I don't care what you do when I'm not there but I probably won't react well if I have to watch you with other people"
So, remember this party I mentioned in the last update? Well, this was basically what happened. And I was right about the "probably" :-/
Cue predictable response. I just pulled my hat over my eyes... I wasn't going to make a scene and spoil the party, I mean, it's a party, it's about fun :-) However, later I thought about it and came up with three solutions:
- Cancel the arrangement
- Stop going places where I'll see something that'll upset me
- Find more people to do stuff with
The day after we had a chat and it was agreed that my thoughts on these options were right: we don't want to cancel it because it's great, and I can't stop going to parties etc because they're hilarious and I have my reputation to maintain :-)
We both agreed number 3 is best. But, yeah, right. Who?!?!?
A fourth option was suggested, but I didn't like it. Fun would be spoiled for others. There's also the usual method I resort to: Do nothing, and wait for the whole thing to sort itself out; by the Time Is A Great Healer axiom, this is guaranteed. Especially since it's now Easter at the university, and everyone's gone home.
Okay, this page was getting too long, so some splitting has been done. You may notice an Archives link on the left.
Now you know what would be really good? A script that does this automatically... Or dynamic HTML, or PHP or one of these weird things about which I don't know enough (that is, I don't know anything at all ;-/ ).
- I've been through and adjusted links to reflect the domain change. I hope I haven't missed anything, but, y'know.
- "Trials and Tribulations": Received a second email telling me that readers of this site exist :-) I'd say who they came from, but they're from people's work addresses, and I don't want to get anyone into trouble...
- You know my hat? Yeah, the stripey one that's kind of my trademark? I hand-washed it in a bucket of hot water, soap powder and fabric softener! Yeah, I know, weird, huh? I'm telling you, I should have done that ages ago.
- For those of you who know what I look like, do you think I look permanently stoned? The question arose at that party, and opinion was divided. Tell me, this time preferably on aaw, where there is a thread.
- And finally: I missed another www out again. Whoops. Oh well.