Spent the afternoon helping build the new fence. Highlights included when I got to drill several holes in the house next door, and getting covered in brick dust. Current status is
- one panel up (out of five)
- four posts up (also out of five - you don't need six, since one end of the fence is joined directly to next door's house with screws in plugs in those holes I drilled)
- The posts are all painted, all the panels have their edges painted, but not the faces.
(The panel that's up is the one from the flying off on to the road incident, but you'd never know unless you knew exactly where to look for evidence of damage. The two posts put in today were pleasantly easy, as the old ones came out of their concrete bases and the new ones slotted in, new concrete bases didn't need to be made)
Anyway here's some links and random news and stuff
- I've just noticed that Lllama Inc has been revamped. That's Felix's site if you didn't already know. Go visit, it's spiffy (and I think he'd prefer it if the most popular page on the server were a different one from my "titty page":) )
- Elliot "Squeeze the Uise" Costi has apparently been back doing his MSc at some college in London for a week now, so we wish him well... especially if he starts posting to newsgroups again, damnit
- Amusing advert
- I'm not a great fan of comedy Doom modifications but the title screen of Ultimate Simpsons Doom is good enough to show to you. The graphics are really very well done, but unfortunately, like all comedy Doom modifications, it's hilarious for fifteen minutes then you get sick of it. Good effort though
- Would you post a poll on your site, asking your readers to choose which one of your female friends that they prefer? For that matter, would you take your webcam to class with you, to take pictures of the girl at whom you openly admit that you can't stop staring, even though you were already attached?!? The guy's a nutcase.
- "Oh no! My kitchen is on fire! What shall I do? I know, I'll take a picture and post it on the internet" ...STOP THE PRESS! ERRATUM! In fact "Hey hey hey hey hey. The crisis had passed, and it was just residual smoke at that point. The greatest threat that I was facing by then was the smoke alarm going off" Well thank gods!
PS Only one more day to wait until the BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER! still not guaranteed