Oh gods! It's back! Someone please take it off of me!
I took it into my head to apt-get install suck and then, oh dear, well, one thing led to another and this happened...
/tmp$ suck news.zetnet.co.uk -dd . >nsdata 2>/dev/null /tmp$ newsstats -in nsdata 1 (-) 30 (-) Mr W M Dumas <ecsfw@> 2 (-) 24 (-) Danny@ 2 (-) 24 (-) Nicholas Jackson <marem@> 4 (-) 23 (-) Matthew Hall <m.d.hall@> 5 (-) 17 (-) Nicholas Barton <nick@> 6 (-) 15 (-) Vincent Lynch <marfu@> 7 (-) 12 (-) Jeremy Austin <jezaustin@> 8 (-) 11 (-) Crazy Dave <nospam@> 8 (-) 11 (-) Martin Eyles <martin.eyles@> 10 (-) 10 (-) RjY <RjY@> 11 (-) 7 (-) Julie Bellingham <plasmagrrl@> 11 (-) 7 (-) Rutherford <simon@> 13 (-) 6 (-) Ian Morris <ianmorris0@> 13 (-) 6 (-) Warwick Dumas <warwick@> 15 (-) 4 (-) Amy <phulv@> 16 (-) 3 (-) Andrew N <andrew@> 16 (-) 3 (-) dev/null <phukn@> 18 (-) 2 (-) Dave Taylor <phuiv@> 18 (-) 2 (-) Mr. Pants <pants@> 18 (-) 2 (-) TGOS <tgos@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Derek Glen <derek_glen@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Fuzz <johanfuzz@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Iain Thomas <iain@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Jez <mauyr@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Max Hammond <max@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Michael S. Glees <sad.bastard@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Peter Oliver <p.d.oliver@> 21 (-) 1 (-) Tom March <phudm@> 21 (-) 1 (-) csrcp@ 228 (-) TOTAL
This site's address is http://www.triv.org.uk/~rjy/ !
I'm still seeing hits on the old www.simonheywood.org.uk address! Update your bookmarks lists, people!
From the Beano
No wonder they pensioned Lord Snooty off. He pisses me off now. Snob.
For those who remember my Dennis The Menace folder (which I firmly believe is indestructible, I carted it round with me for like 8 years solid): The cover is from the 6/2/1988 issue.
Notice how all the authority figures look the same? Dennis's dad, Roger the Dodger's dad, Minnie the Minx's dad, the Bash Street Kids' teacher... all have large wobbly stick-out noses and dubious moustaches of various size. It's possibly an old Beano editor thing (I heard the teacher is a caricature of a former editor)
Minnie The Minx, 27/2/1988 issue! She's in a hairdresser. The hairdresser has to tie her up to control her - what does he use? He cuts off the 4-5ft of hair of this other customer!!! AARGH!! I'm very, very, severly traumatised by that picture. Seriously!
But anyway. I read this comic for the best part of 10 years but I'm glad I don't read it any more. Never mind how politically correct it has become (as has The Dandy) Never mind how, ever since the artist changed in 1993, Dennis seemed to age backwards quite considerably and just didn't look right any more: no, it's worse than that. There is apparently now a character called Robbie Rebel, based loosely on Robbie Williams!! I mean, for gods' sakes, guys!!
The soon-becoming-usual (normalescent?!) list
- Hilarious article caricaturing Linux hackers. You know sometimes I wonder if I should grow a goatee...
- Which Care Bear Are You? I'm apparently a cross between Bed Time Bear and Grumpy Bear. Yawn. Stop looking at me like that.
- While I'm thinking about it again: Star Fleet! OH MY GOD! How obsessed was I with this?!?
- I attended on IRC the compet-n "Doom Academy Awards 2001". Go read the ceremony log and the complete log (preferably the latter, I'm in it :-) ) so that you can:
- Groan as Mike Tyson, presenting the UV Tyson award, makes the lamest pun-on-his-name joke ever.
- Giggle at the presenter accidentally typing into the wrong window.
- Fall off your chair in helpless laughter when you see who the guest presenter of the UV pacifist award was :-)
- Don't you just love it when you do a search on Google for "I hate my emotions" and you find people like this?
- Rules for being human. I like this. Especially the last one "You Will Forget All of This (Some of the Time)" Actually that whole site's hilarious: What about signs of clinical depression? "...a voice in the back of one's mind providing a constant barrage of harsh, negative statements" - yeah, you know it! Shut up, brain!!
- My mum's annoyed because twice on Saturday my aunt tried to ring here to ask for a lift home from work, but of course she couldn't get through because muggins here had the connection open. She says she's annoyed because she forgot, she meant to ring her sister anyway. But I can't help but feel partly responsible, you know?