Blah blah why the hell does every update need a title anyway?
- This weekend I'm happy to report that Rutherford feels he's got his desktop machine to run Debian to a satisfactory level of operation. Shame about pine not being in the archive and/or building properly, but at least it'll run in an xterm over ssh to the server. As for Galeon's propagation into testing, keep an eye on the update excuses list. It's a bit long but it's very interesting!! Blah technobabble blah
- I did in fact "get something done" today (see previous update) I sucked in a few more packages from the upcoming woody distribution - notably perl 5.6, and XFree86 4.1.0 (the latter I'd partially installed already but the important bits wanted debconf which required perl 5.6 and so forth)
I thought for a while I'd broken X but luckily it just needed replacement of the newly-made config file with the one I made last year:-)
- Archiving the page: I am aware that this page is due to have last month cut off and placed into the archive. However, I'd like to get the script to do it! No, I know, I haven't actually written that yet. I'd like to go to bed early. Maybe I'll get up and be able to write it tomorrow. You never know...
- What is the hardest question you've ever been asked? Mine currently is, how to explain, to someone who hates dance music, what drum and bass is. I simply said "I'll play you some records"
- We have to make the effort, you get all the choice: Of the people who've expressed an opinion on this, most have said they don't think it's sexist (and it's not just blokes who've said so!) However, there are girls who nobody wants, allegedly, and they have an even worse time of it. I can see how that would be true, hypothetically, but I don't see how there are girls who nobody wants. All they have to do is go to a nightclub in a short skirt and they'll get hit on. I'm willing to concede I might have missed something here but you know.