A list of short but sweet things
- Today's lifewasting gaff was to read some of my old copies of The Beano. Dated 1988. 14 years ago! I'm so old!
- I wasn't apologising "for my existence" yesterday. I was apologising to people because right now I don't feel up to travelling the country to their parties, or whatever.
- Anyone remember Come baby come by K7? Goes "Ring, ring, ring, the telephone goes ring. Hello, Hello! But we're still gettin' busy!". For some reason, this amused me...
- Danny Rampling is leaving Radio 1. I will miss his show, his taste in soulful, melodic house music. Oh well, it always clashes with the UK garage show on Kix 96, and if they bring Fergie in as a replacement as I think I heard, the choice of listening will be obvious.
- Literally sweet. I have eaten far too many Quality Street chocolates. It's 2am(ish) and I don't feel sleepy at all.
- Another blog!! Ha ha!! That's cool, sir, keep it up :-)
- And another. With custom-written content-management code in MySQL and PHP or something. Bah. I wish I could do that.
- However I did write a perl script today. First one ever. It wasn't very good and I found that it was quicker to do manually the task that I wanted to automate, but I'm newbie scum :-)
- Said task involved some processing of a UNIX mailbox. So now I know their format exactly. Before today I wasn't really sure. So I've learnt something :-) It's just a text file, with messages separated by lines of the form
From rjy Sat Mar 23 01:57:28 2002
You can get these on Unix or GNU systems by doing
echo From email_address_or_usercode `date +%c`
So what if I write a mail with such a line in? Exim (deb) prepends a > to it.
Simon, weren't you wondering about this the other day?