Delivery of fence panels
It seems the solution to the problem of how to get the remaining fence panels necessary for the construction of our new fence was decided to be "get delivery from this local firm, who do delivery, none of the big places apparently do delivery, so we'll have to use this lot, but they're known to be somewhat unreliable"
Well it's not like we were going to try and put them on the car again, not after what happened last time.
So I spent the entire afternoon sitting around waiting for the panels to be delivered. It was not a surprise when they were not; the option of delivery by this firm was initially dismissed, because my dad has had dealings with them before. He said "you know what they're like..."
I wouldn't have minded so much but it was a really nice afternoon and I kind of wanted to-- Rob, who are you trying to kid, you wouldn't have left the house anyway, and you know it. SHUT UP.
ITV decided to show the first Star Wars film, episode IV or whatever, on Tuesday night. I was quite pleased because that's the one I've only seen once before and that was at least a dozen years ago so I could hardly remember it except for the bits where they blow up something large (like a planet) because I like that sort of thing so I would remember it.
However upon seeing it again I don't think it's quite as good as the other two "old" Star Wars movies. However it is the one that's been most heavily sampled by various rave tracks I've got, and Doom PWADs I've played, and so forth.
It's also the one on which most of the spoofing is done in Spaceballs, which is one of the funniest and most quotable films I've ever seen (not to mention the reason why I couldn't take Bill Pullman's character of the US president in Independence Day at all seriously)
So, this is why it was nice that ITV decided to show it later on Tuesday night:) In fact, in honour of all this crap, and especially that really dubious link, let's have a quote fest!
- "So, Helmet, we meet for the first time, for the last time"
- -- Lone Starr
- "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate!"
- -- Dark Helmet
- "You have the ring, and I see your schwartz is as big as mine!"
- -- Dark Helmet
- "Damnit, I hate it when I get my schwartz twisted"
- -- Dark Helmet
- "It's my industrial strength hairdryer, and I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!"
- -- Princess Vespa
- "It's my virgin alarm! It goes off before you do!"
- -- Dot Matrix
- "You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT DOUBLES!"
- -- Really camp security officer guy
- "This ship is too big! If I walk, the movie'll be over!"
- -- President Skroob
- "There's one! Set for stun!"
- -- Stormtrooper in Star Wars, this stood out because it's used as one of the zombie wake up sounds in The Bitching Levels, which was the first Doom PWAD I ever played.
- "Don't be too proud of this technological terror. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."
"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjour up the stolen DAT tapes, nor given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebel's hidden fortress...ACK! AGH!"
"I find your lack of faith disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing disturbing..."
- -- Sample from the end of "Feel it in the air" by Future Primitive. Note "DAT tapes" (in the film it's "data") and the loop at the end:)