Changes to webnewsstats and crap:
- There is a menu. Thank Peter Oliver for making the good suggestion of the addition of a key, but blame my inability to fit the key onto the page with all the tables in a way I didn't hate. Sorry. If you want a direct link use this
- The other day I sped up the page loading by, at least on my machine, a factor of two, by making PHP read the tables directly out of the config files rather than call the Perl script to do it. No process creation overhead or whatever.
- I'm a dirty fucking liar. I didn't forget to post that link on Saturday. I thought it'd be funny to hype up an annoucement, make it using as many superlatives and stuff as possible, then forget to post the link.
- Nonetheless two of its objectives were achieved, in that the number of posts to aaw has increased, and that in particular Elliot "Squeeze the Uise" "OH MY GOD! There's even an hourly chart! *comes*" Costi has returned. Great timing! Let's wait until he goes back to university so he can post, and then use his obsession with charts to make him post! Evil plans rule:)
- Beatallica: Beatles done Metallica style. I think this is quite funny, and I'm sure anyone who likes relevant types of guitary shite will find it funnier.
- A link to this story in the Guardian got sent round the mailing list today, thanks Matthew, with attention drawn to the photo. Now sometimes when I get links to photos I try to edit them in The GIMP, and it never works or looks like shite. This one turned out pretty shit but not so shit as I deleted it and I thought fuck it I'll put it up for a few days anyway