Sleeping pills, part two
So I bet if you read yesterday's update or were there on #warwick last night, you are wondering what, if any, success I had with the sleeping pills.
- I took one at about 1:15am and went to bed. I read for a while, then switched off the light, and settled down. The last thing I remember was the clock reading 1:43am. I don't actually remember falling asleep (I usually remember starting to fall asleep, I am aware of losing consciousness for a split second)
- The next thing I remember is a godawful racket outside the house. What the hell is going on? It's about 10am, so yeah, I've slept for like 8 hours. Dozily I look out the window, and see a huge refuse disposal truck. Oh, yeah, it's Thursday, there was a letter about "throw out your spring cleaning rubbish and the council will pick it up on Thursday"
- Unfortunately, but typically enough, I was still exhausted, having not slept "properly" (whatever the hell that is) for a very long time. Anyway I kept dozing off until about 1:30pm when I eventually managed to get up. However in the time I dreamt about having sex so it wasn't all bad:)
So, initial assessment. With these pills I believe I have a method by which I can put myself to sleep within half an hour of a chosen time. I think now I have to pick a time to go to sleep and stick to it, as well as set my alarm to wake me at some time in the morning, to form a habit.
PS I should point out, that's it for the moment. I can put myself to sleep on demand. Nothing else has changed. I still have no life and a list of stupid everyday stuff, as long as your arm, of which I am hopelessly scared. My mum says "one step at a time" but I don't care, it sucks. It's a shame they don't prescribe "sort out your stupid brain pills" or something.
So I thought it was about time I ran the archiving routine again to stick another past month into a different file that no-one will ever read again. It showed up a huge hole in the script, that is, it doesn't support 5am thresholds properly (that's basically my "redefine midnight as 5am" thing)
It's more than a bug, I mean it's not trying to do something and get it wrong, it's actually not doing something at all, that it is really supposed to do and I thought it did do. It's a hole. I had to manually copy entries around between the different files! I mean, what's that all about! I'm supposed to have a script for that, but it doesn't work! "Whinge whinge whinge"
So I looked at the code, and once again realised how horrible it is. And NEdit has a very funny idea of where to open new windows, I can tell you. Oh well. I suppose it's something to do, isn't it...