These lists aren't as common as I thought they'd be
So I'm going to do another one. Lots of small stuff, don't warrant proper <h2>s, you know the deal.
- Some internal reorganisation of the site. There is an img/ subdirectory for the images; we'll keep the top level for HTML only. It was really easy to change all the links in the files using perl's -p and -i switches:
find . -name '*.html' | xargs perl -pi -e 's|[a-z]*\.gif|img/$&|g'
- This post was not written drunk or "high on lurve" or whatever. The author, however, is said to have had "a great weekend", whatever that means
- Goth lines to say in bed. I particularly liked Get off, you're all pointy.
- I'm not a goth you know. I wish I was, but I haven't got the taste in music. I love odd colours of nail polish though. And I've got this gorgeous bit of chain that just nicely goes round my neck, twice... I'll shut up now.
- No, I'm just a nerd. Certain other people are pulling clingy types in dingy nightclubs (kiss like you care, ha ha ha) but I'm just sitting in my room, trying to develop my blogging code. This pisses me off. I don't rate my own skills. In fact I don't think I've got any. Then I get annoyed that others have skills I can never hope to have. I'm like, where's the justice, if others are like that, why not me? (*)
- Shut up Rob, you'll depress yourself again. You're hungry again, aren't you? What are you going to do about it? Nothing? Thought so. No wonder you're so thin... SHUT UP BRAIN!
- Before my stupid brain depresses me completely I'd like to say: Yes, we appreciate your concern, those of you who want to know how my life is getting on and so forth. But I don't want to talk about it! I feel like I have to justify my lack of progress to people, because the conversation runs "So what have you been up to" "Nothing" "Why not?" and that makes me defensive and surly. So don't do it, okay? We thank you for your interest in our life, but we don't want to talk about it, you know? Many thanks.(**)
(*)&(**) Actually, these items probably deserved headings, oh well. In fact this just deteriorated into another whinge, yeah. Oh, well, it'll give someone a laugh on Monday morning at work, with any luck. If I actually get any hits, that is...