Mostly Amusing Doom-related Stuff
OMFG. ROFL. Other well known annoying abbreviations. It will be days before I get over this one. It's about as rare as you like that my favourite game, one of my favourite web sites and people I've met in real life have any kind of intersection, but... there it is. For you see, "Kansam", one of the authors of this masterpiece, is none other than reformed Warwick newsgroup denizen Ian Morris (as people who were reading uwarwick.misc around mid-June 2000 might remember, when I posted a review of his wad Kansam's Trial (how'd you like that for a link, heh) ) The other author, as far as I can tell, is his brother. Here, you can find their amusing Doom site.
Some more stuff:
- My idea to make my own Doom map, the reworking of Slugfest (hmm that one didn't work so well) 9, is going quite well, I mean, there's one huge cavern with a walkway round it into which you emerge from a small stone building. There is however much work still to be done, the cavern needs a three- or four-fold size increase at least...
- I've also debianised BSP (a "nodes builder", you need one if you're making levels to tell the game how to display levels properly) (...and afterwards remembered Jez's idea to maintain a repository of self-built debs here...)
- Planet of the Imps updated today after about a month off
- A few days ago The Green Pile uploaded its sixth episode
- The picture of the pointy-haired manager in today's Dilbert was... well, just go look at it. My word...
Okay the last one wasn't Doom-related. So sue me.
PS Go read the first edition of UWARWICK.UMMGH here in which I trawl the internal Warwick newsgroups for funny shite and summarise it for readers of AAW.